Wednesday
September 21

Meet Phebe!

By Stacey Milton

Phebe Robinson, Senior Assistant Director for Boston, MA and Staten Island, Queens, and Brooklyn, NY

Hello! My name is Phebe and I’m a Senior Assistant Director in the admissions office at Boston University.

Originally from Atlanta, GA, disguised as a New Englander, and posing as a New Yorker, allow me to formally welcome you to the admissions blog! To say I love my job is an understatement; I have the unique pleasure of meeting hundreds of students each year and guiding them through the application process. I recruit in two of my favorite cities: Boston & New York (Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island). In college I majored in vocal performance, piano, and psychology, and I love having a background in performance and the liberal arts – I wouldn’t change it for the world!

I always knew that  I wanted to be a vocal performance major and vividly remember the day my parents discovered this: I was 8 years old, screaming “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the top of my lungs — at midnight! Fast forward 10 years, and after many solos, tutors, auditions and stage performances, I was without a doubt ready for college and the vocal performance track.

You’ll learn a lot more about me on this blog, but for now I’d like to leave you with a few fun facts about yours truly:

• I can recite the circle of fifths and transpose music faster than most of my friends.
  • In my family I’m considered the queen of southern cooking and make the best peach pie ever!
  • In my free time you’ll find me in the park with my dog, Oliver, or writing music.
  • I’m obsessed with NY street food.

Thanks for reading!
Phebe

3 Responses to “Meet Phebe!”

1. From Adeyemo Olayinka

i want a M.sc admission in Boston University.

2. From Stacey Milton

Hi Adeyemo,

Thanks for stopping by! If you have questions regarding the admissions process, please feel free to contact us at admissions@bu.edu, or by calling our office at (617) 353-2300.

3. From Betty Rdoso

i also want a M.sc admission in Boston University.