Tuesday
October 4

To be, or not to be…applying Early Decision?

By Stacey Milton

Associate Director Jon Korhonen, regional rep for Southern FL

Greetings prospective BU Students!

My name is Jon Korhonen, and I am the Associate Director for Early Decision at Boston University. My colleagues and I have met many of you already during our travels this year. It is always exciting to learn that BU is a #1 choice for so many seniors!

If you have decided that Boston University is your top choice, I would like to encourage you to consider being an Early Decision candidate for admission.  Last year we received about 42,000 applications for admission, and only about 1,000 of those were for Early Decision. This means that you have a unique opportunity to stand out and highlight your candidacy for admission within a smaller applicant pool.  We value a student’s demonstrated interest in BU, and Early Decision is certainly the best way to show that you are really excited about being a BU Terrier!

If you are applying Early Decision, please remember that both the application and the CSS Profile (if you are applying for need-based financial aid) are due on November 1. You will receive a decision letter and financial aid award by December 15.  As you may already know, Early Decision is a binding process, and is different from Early Action (which BU does not offer), therefore it is expected that admitted Early Decision students will enroll with our class next year (the enrollment deposit is due by January 15, 2012).

If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Best of luck to all of you, and I look forward to seeing your Early Decision application in a few weeks!

2 Responses to “To be, or not to be…applying Early Decision?”

1. From Ali Shapiro

I enjoyed this blog post. BU is at the very top of my list. I fell in love when I visited in July. I’m currently weighing my decision carefully about applying ED. And I’m still tweaking my essays because I want them to be perfect. I attended your presentation last Sunday in Miami. You are an outstanding presenter, and a true evangelist for Boston University!

Regards,
    Ali Shapiro
    Miami Palmetto High School

2. From Haley Ashworth

I love BU! I just sent in my application and ED agreement yesterday! I have all fingers and toes crossed that I’ll get to be a part of the class of 2016! I’m looking forward to attending Senior Visit Day this coming Monday!