Friday
October 7

Meet Julia!

By jckeller

JuliaI’m approaching my four year anniversary as a BU employee, and I like to say that I am finishing my senior year! As the Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications, I’m one of the few who stays in Boston throughout the fall. While my coworkers are headed to Chicago, Anchorage, San Antonio, Istanbul, Beijing, and beyond, I get to enjoy one of the best things about living in Boston—a New England fall. Even though I’m a Boston-area native, I can tell you that the crisp air and fall foliage never get old.

But you aren’t here to learn about me; you want to know more about BU! Here are a few of my current favorites:

• The Farmer’s Market. On Thursdays, you’ll find local farmers and other food producers set up outside of the George Sherman Union. My personal favorites are Ward’s Berry Farm, where last week I got some local apples and the best corn I’ve had all year, and the Danish Pastry House.
  • Dean Elmore. I’m a part-time graduate student at BU, working towards an M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration, and I’m lucky enough to be taking a class with Dean of Students Kenneth Elmore this semester. His enthusiasm for BU and the students here is remarkable—he is part of what makes BU such an amazing place.
  • Boston! I’ve lived in the area my whole life, and I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. I could write a book about all the great things about this wonderful city–but I won’t, at least not in this blog post. BU has the enviable location of being alongside the Charles River, and one of my favorite things to do is go for an early morning run on the Esplanade. Watching the sun rise above the Boston skyline is simply beautiful.

I’m looking forward to sharing more about BU with you in the coming months. And please feel free to let me know what you want to know about BU!