Wednesday
October 26

Warm Reception, Cool Day

By Jonathan

Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes are on the menu, haunted houses seem to be on every corner, and I hear from friends back east that leaves are beginning to change colors. Fall is in the air! However, I travel to sunny, southern California to visit high schools and attend college fairs during the fall. I am one of the few people on our staff who packs a swim suit and lays out on the beach for a little bit over the weekend.  It’s fabulous!

Last week, I woke up to a cloudy, rainy and cool California. Where did the “never-ending” summer go? It appeared my weather was similar to that which my friends had been Tweeting and Facebooking about for some time on the east coast.  At my first high school visit of the day, I was greeted by this sign:

Whitney High School

This instantly put a smile on my face as I raced toward the door in the rain (I didn’t even think to pack an umbrella for southern California) and was greeted by a student at the front gate, who happily shared her umbrella with me as we walked to the Career Center.  Inside, I found a room full of eager and excited, future Terriers.  We had a wonderful conversation about BU and the admissions process, and none of the students were shy about asking questions.  This is why I love my job! No matter the day, no matter the location, no matter the weather, I have the privilege to meet with many amazing students.

Sunset

In true California fashion, the weather cleared and I watched a beautiful sunset over the Pacific before attending a college fair that evening.  Whether you met me at the fair last week, or you meet one of my colleagues across the country, know that our energy and enthusiasm comes not only from working at such an amazing place, but from having the chance to get to know you. Come say hello!

2 Responses to “Warm Reception, Cool Day”

1. From Jensbraun

I love this sunset;-).

2. From real movie2k

hello I was wholly impressed with the setup you old with this web site. I employ blogs my self hence great vacancy. definatly adding to bookmarks.