Monday
September 24

See you this fall

By Stacey Milton

It feels like we were just out on the road meeting with newly admitted Terriers, and yet our travels to meet with prospective BU applicants have begun yet again.

View from the T - a perfect fall day on campus

My colleagues are all across the country—and world—visiting students at high schools and holding special admissions events. Just last week, I was meeting with juniors and seniors in Delaware and Chester County, Pennsylvania. I was pleasantly surprised to see great numbers everywhere I went. It was a fun four days, even in spite of some wicked rain and flooding in Pottstown, PA. I’m thrilled that so many students are taking the time to learn more about BU, and I can’t wait to meet even more over the next two months.

This beautiful fall weekend in Boston was also quite BU-oriented. Boston University welcomed thousands of alumni back to campus for our annual Reunion Weekend. Kicking off the celebration on Saturday night was an impressive display of talent – from student choirs to the Boston Pops. I saw lots of familiar faces as different student groups were highlighted; our admissions volunteers really ARE involved in everything. I was super proud to see one our Admissions Ambassadors, Alison Weltman, representing the Community Service Center and announcing a 1 million hour student service pledge over the next five years.

Tomorrow, it’s back to eastern PA, my Admissions home-away-from-home (and for me, it really is home!). I’m looking forward to meeting many  interesting students thinking about BU.

And, if you happen to be in Tampa, FL; Warwick, RI; Long Island, NY; Troy, MI; or Portland, OR – we hope to see you Monday night at our BU Admissions event!

Dean Kenneth Elmore leads an impromptu Jeopardy match during Alumni Weekend's Celebration of BU

BU's Pep Band, bringing down the arena

2 Responses to “See you this fall”

1. From Barbara

Great information – the map of visit locations was helpful.

I’m wondering if you could share more about how your office evaluates homeschool candidates. Do homeschoolers need to submit anything different or additional to other freshman candidates. Thanks.

2. From Gordon Ryan

Hi Barbara! Please contact Stacey Milton (the author of this post) about this directly. She’ll be happy to discuss!