Tuesday
October 16

Applying Early Decision

By Gordon Ryan

Jon Korhonen

Greetings prospective BU Students!

My name is Jon Korhonen, and I am the Associate Director for Early Decision at Boston University. My colleagues and I have met many of you already during our travels this year. It is always exciting to learn that BU is a #1 choice for so many seniors!

If you have decided that Boston University is your top choice, I would like to encourage you to consider being an Early Decision candidate for admission. Last year we received more than 44,000 applications for admission. The competition for a place in our incoming class of 3,800 students is increasing. By applying to BU as an early decision applicant, you have a unique opportunity to stand out and highlight your candidacy for admission within a smaller applicant pool. We value a student’s demonstrated interest in BU, and Early Decision is certainly the best way to show that you are really excited about being a Terrier!

If you are applying Early Decision, please remember that both the application and the CSS Profile (if you are applying for need-based financial aid) are due on November 1. Additionally, we give the same percentage of merit scholarships to our admitted Early Decision class as we do to our Regular Decision class. All Early Decision students will receive a decision letter and financial aid award by December 15. Since Early Decision is a binding process, we do require you to submit your enrollment deposit is by January 15.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Also, be sure to check out our “Top Five Reasons to Apply Early Decision” and some insight into the Early Decision experience from current ED students in the video below. Best of luck to all of you, and I look forward to seeing your Early Decision application in a few weeks!