Contribute to the postdoc blog

by Juliane

Dear BU postdocs!

Maybe you have just read a couple of posts on the brand new postdoc blog. If so  hopefully you think: “Neat! I like it and will read it again next week”

That is great, thank you and come back again soon.

But maybe you were thinking:  ”This is a nice blog, but it could be awesome, if I was involved.”

Here is good news for you: the postdoc blog needs contributors.

There are different ways to be part of the blog:

Spread the word: Tell other people in your lab about us, post on facebook or twitter

Comment: Just post in the comments, give some feedback, help us improve our writing and choose topics that interest you

Post: If you are excited about a topic, it could be your work, a policy issue, or your summer vacation; write a blog post about it. Everything written by a postdoc will be published, unless it is slanderous or longer than 10000 words.

Contribute: If you are really excited about a topic, like neuroscience, career choices for postdocs with children, the representation of scientists in movies, baseball, etc…; you might consider becoming a regular contributor. You will get access to the dashboard of the blog, so you can post whenever you want. You can write posts on your favorite topic on a regular or semi-regular basis, once a week or once a month or even less often depending on your schedule and workload. Other contributors and posts will keep the reader interested until your next post.

Edit: If you don’t feel like writing yourself, you might like to proofread or edit posts before they get posted.

If you are interested in any of this, comment on the blog or email me: julianeh@bu.edu

Sara Loren posted on October 27, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Its really a great blog, and i think the students should contribute to the postdoc blog to make it more popular among other student or universities blogs.

Brian Carpenter posted on October 29, 2013 at 11:22 am

Hi. I would be interested in writing in the postdoc blog about some topics that I am passionate about. I would also be up for proofreading posts. Where do I start?

julianeh posted on October 29, 2013 at 4:03 pm

hi Brian
if you are a BUMC postdoc I would love to see contributions of you at the postdoc blog.
Please email me.

Brian Carpenter posted on October 31, 2013 at 10:18 am

I’ve sent you an email, Julian. I’m happy to be involved in the BUMC postdoc blog!

tablet murah posted on November 8, 2013 at 9:22 am

hi i interesting to be a contributor writing on postdoc
is there any condition to be a contributor??
let me know at kodokboy@gmail.com

julianeh posted on November 8, 2013 at 2:32 pm

You have to be a BU postdoc, student or faculty to contribute

tablet murah posted on November 9, 2013 at 6:38 am

so sad :(
am i have to be a student to be a contributor
i,am indonesian boston university is too far away from here :(

Matt posted on January 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

I’m also from boston u and I was wondering if I have to be a student and is this still available?

Kazim Ladimeji posted on January 19, 2014 at 10:27 am

I am a graduate careers specialist and would like to contribute to grad and postgraduate career education.

julie rose posted on January 29, 2014 at 3:23 pm

hi – I’m out of BU (ok, a while ago) but I still keep in touch and I’d love to contribute as a careers specialist – let me know if I can help.

Dennis Regling posted on June 22, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I would love to see articles on teaching science. I am also available to be a contributor on this subject. I present educational school shows full time.