Book manuscript (in progress): “Governing Crises: The International Politics of Crisis Economics from Bretton Woods to the Great Recession”
1. “Brazil’s Liberal Neo-Developmentalism: Edited Orthodoxy or New Policy Paradigm?” Review of International Political Economy (Spring 2013).
2. “Sovereign Debt, Austerity and Regime Change: The Case of Nicolae Ceausescu’s Romania,” East European Politics and Societies (Winter 2012).
3. “Heinrich von Stackelberg and the Diffusion of Ordoliberal Economics in Franco’s Spain,” History of Economic Ideas (Winter 2012)
4. “Economic Transnationalism and its Ambiguities: Romanian Migration to Italy”, International Migration (Fall 2012).
5. Austerity versus Stimulus? Explaining Change on Fiscal Policy at the International Monetary Fund since the Great Recession”, forthcoming in Governance
6. “Recalibrating Policy Orthodoxy: The IMF since the Great Recession,” forthcoming in Governance (with Kevin Gallagher)
Articles under review
1. “From Cocktail to Dependence: The Transformation of Romanian Capitalism,” submitted to Europe-Asia Studies.
2. “Geopolitics, Regime Type and the Internationalization of Romanian Economics During the Cold War,” submitted to Communist and Post-Communist Studies.
3. Ruling Ideas: How Global Economic Paradigms Go Local, book manuscript
Articles in Progress
1. “Extending Varieties of Capitalism: Finance and Fiscal Policy Convergence,”
prepared for Socio-Economic Review.
2. “Fiscal Policy in Financialized Times: Investor Loyalty and Financialization”, prepared for Journal of Common Market Studies (co-authored with Daniela Gabor).
4. “The Limits of Translation: Neoclassical Economics in China,” prepared for Europe-Asia Studies (with Sarah Sklar).
5. “Class Politics and Class Analysis in Romania,” research note prepared for East European Politics and Societies.
6. “Which Nail in What Coffin? Revisiting the Demise of Social Democracy and Keynesian Macroeconomics in Europe,” prepared for Government and Opposition (with Oddny Helgadottir).
Non peer-reviewed articles
“The BRICs and the Washington Consensus: An Introduction,” Review of International Political Economy (with Mark Blyth, April 2013, for special issue)
1. (2012) “Was 1989 the End of Social Democracy?” in Vladimir Tismaneanu and Bogdan Iacob, eds., The End and the Beginning. The Revolutions of 1989 and the Resurgence of History, Central European University Press
2. (2005) “The Rule of Law and the European Human Rights Regime”, in Hoffmann, Matthew and Alice Ba eds., Coherence and Contestation: Contending Perspectives on Global Governance. London: Routledge (co- authored with Goldstein, Leslie F.).
IR 759: Power, Ideas and Money: The Politics of International Finance
IR 592: International Economic Organizations and Development