Sara: Inspiration Feeds Motivation

If you’re anything like me, you’re probably feeling that mid-semester slump. You know, that time in the semester where you feel your motivation slipping slowly away. Or maybe slipping rather quickly away. Or maybe you’ve been able to keep your motivation levels up this last week before spring break (if so give yourself a pat on the back because that is an accomplishment my friend). However, those lucky few, and certainly the rest of us, are in total denial that motivation probably won’t come back from spring break with us. Although I do feel that spring semester somehow goes by much faster than the fall semester, there’s no denying the transition from spring break to summer is a challenge.  Remember, there’s still 8 weeks left in the semester!

No need to panic though. I have a solution. The cure to finding your motivation? Inspiration of course. Motivation drives you towards your goals and your dreams so why not put something right in front of you that inspires you to accomplish your goals. Whether that goal is something as simple as getting an A on your next exam or as complex as landing your dream job after graduation, it’s never too early to find inspiration.

It has been scientifically proven that the people who see their goals in front of them everyday are more likely to accomplish those goals than those who do not. Makes sense right? And for all these reasons, I present to you the idea of creating your very own inspiration board full of pictures that you can put up anywhere you’ll see it everyday.

I just started my own board full of pictures of healthy eating, travel, entertainment culture, and really cute clothes- sorry, I’m a girly girl and I can’t help but think of/want to look at my dream closet everyday. I think the best part about my board is being able to add pictures to it as I go– when my goals change new pictures are added. It has helped me make plans to travel in the future, to save money and to eat healthier than I have been in the past. This has been fantastic for my motivation levels and pushes me to try harder to achieve the things I really want.

Other ideas to keep yourself motivated this semester: Just start (we all know that sometimes this is the hardest part),  think about the benefits, read inspirational stories of people with similar goals, find friends with similar goals, take on accomplishing one goal at a time, and my favorite- reward yourself!

Don’t let your dreams be dreams.

Much Love,

Sara