Stacy: My Weekend With My Parents

Hey everyone! I hope everyone survived midterms and is loving this beautiful fall season!

Last weekend my parents visited Boston so I thought it would be helpful to blog about what we did, which will hopefully be helpful when family and friends visit you!

1. BU Bookstore: My parents wanted to get more BU gear to represent back in Florida. They have some really cute “BU Dad” and “BU Mom” shirts, key chains and license plate frames!
  2. Sunset Cantina: Honestly, who couldn’t go for some nachos? Seriously, you haven’t experienced BU life unless you order the XXL Grand Fiesta Nachos.
  3. BU Hockey Game: Show your visitor(s) some school pride and go to a Terrier game! If they don’t like hockey and want some football, there are plenty of local games at other colleges in Boston.
  4. Zaftigs: It’s got a killer brunch. It’s in Brookline, and afterwards you can walk through Coolidge Corner and explore! (Also we saw Neil Patrick Harris. No big deal.)
  5. Cambridge: It’s so beautiful with so many local shops and restaurants to explore. Walk on Harvard yard and explore the Charles River. Lucky for us it was Head of the Charles that weekend so we got to enjoy the races too!
  6. Max Brenner: We went for just dessert (Dad wanted to experience the dining hall…) and it’s so good. The atmosphere is a coffee shop, there are so many different choices of desserts (dessert has its own menu), and it’s overall a super cool experience.
  7. Any spare time between plans, just walk outside and explore. We explored Copley and wandered over to the Boston Commons and Public Gardens. Being in the heart of the city is a great way to show your guest what Boston is all about.

I hope these ideas are helpful! Hope yall have a great Halloween!