Esra: Dorm Snacks to Keep on Hand

I’m a snacker, and sometimes it just isn’t worth it to swipe into the dining hall for something small. Then there are also the times when the dining hall isn’t open and you desperately need something to calm the sounds of your grumbling stomach. These are my top 5 dorm room friendly snacks to stock up on (aka you only have a micro-fridge at your disposal). 

Kind Bars

Personally, my favorite is the dark chocolate cherry cashew flavor, but they’re all great! Kind Bars are perfect to have when you don’t have time for breakfast, when you’re feeling peckish, or trying to tide yourself over until you can get to one of the dining halls. They’re also 

Mamma Chia Chia Squeeze

Now this one may sound strange to those of you who haven’t heard of it before, but they’re my favorite. They come in little pouches similar to the apple sauce pouches with twist tops. They’re gluten free, vegan, and are packed with tons of great ingredients. Plus, they taste good, which is what we’re all most concerned with, right?

Peanut Butter

Peanut butter could be a snack on it’s own, but I personally love it on fruit. Grab an apple or banana on your way out of the dining hall and save it for later. Add some peanut butter and you’ve got yourself another easy hunger fix.

Chips and Salsa

Yes, these are technically two items, but you can’t have one without the other. Chips and salsa are perfect for that salty craving. My favorite salsa is Trader Joe’s Salsa Autentica.

Hummus

Hummus on anything. The chips you bought for your salsa, pretzels, carrots — the possibilities are endless.