Jen: The Great Boston University Egg-Off

Egg sandwiches are a staple in my diet. I probably eat between one to three egg sandwiches a week. Nothing makes me happier than a toasted breakfast bread, with crispy bacon and, a properly cooked egg. No joke, I sometimes plan my day around when I can stop by a place to buy an egg sandwich. Throughout campus, there are multiple places to go and get egg sandwiches and it can sometimes be overwhelming and even disappointing if you end up getting a sad egg sandwich. Right now you’re probably asking, “So Jen, where can I find a good egg sandwich?” Well my curious reader, I am here to guide you to egg sandwich heaven.

Rhetts: If you have been to the GSU between the hours of 9:00am-12:00pm, you’ve probably seen a huge crowd of people lining up to get their egg sandwich. Here, you can order an egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel of your choice. You can also add bacon, ham or sausage. Rhetts’ egg sandwiches are one of my favorites because there is nothing better than something that is warm, greasy and gooey. Be warned though, excessive consumption of these egg sandwiches may lead to extreme belly patting and craving seconds and thirds.

Rize: Do you live in/frequent East Campus? Feel like you don’t have time to dine in the dining hall yet you need fuel before class? Stop at Rize for one of their amazing egg sandwiches! Not only can you get an egg sandwich (with either bacon or sausage or neither) on a bagel but also **add Aziz Ansari voice** on a croissant! I like Rize’s egg sandwiches because not only are they delicious and decadent, but they remind me of the egg sandwiches at Dunkin Donuts. So, if you enjoy Dunkin’s egg sandwiches, but maybe want to feel less guilt, hit up Rize! (Also, if egg sandwiches aren’t your thing, they have great egg burritos!)

Pavement Coffeehouse: Let’s say one day you’re craving an egg sandwich but one that is a little more on the gourmet side, Pavement Coffeehouse should be a name on your list! What’s great about Pavement is that there are many varieties of egg sandwiches on their menu. You can get one that is strictly bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel, or you can get one that comes with red onions, tomatoes and jalapeno cream cheese or one with sundried tomato, pesto and arugula. If you’re tired of the same old typical egg sandwich and want to try another variation, Pavement is the place to go!

Obviously, I’ve missed some other spots on campus (ex. Tatte Bakery, Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts, Einstein’s Bagels, etc. ), and I know I’m only hitting the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Boston-area restaurants/cafes with great breakfast sandwiches. However, if you happen to be around campus, and need to squeeze in a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner, these are some great  places you should check out!