Esra: 4 Movie Recommendations for Your Inner Romantic

I’m almost always in the mood for a rom-com or romance movie. As my brother once pointed out, I’ve probably seen most major, and lesser known, romance movies out there (I begrudgingly admit I even enjoy the insanely cheesy ones).

So here are some of my top picks at the moment.
4 movies that will give you all the feels, but not leave you heartbroken.
Nothing is worse than wanting a feel-good love story only to be left ugly-crying because of something like Nicholas Spark’s The Best of Me (still love you, though, Sparks).

Age of Adaline
I’m no cinematography expert, but I genuinely appreciate the craftsmanship behind this film. Not only is the story line great (although not realistic — fair warning if you’re a stickler for those things), but also the acting is just as wonderful. It’s a bit Benjamin Button-esque in that the plot plays with the concept of age and time.

Love, Rosie
I like to call this one the Avia Approvedchoice. In a nutshell, what this means is even if you hate everything and anything remotely mushy, and would much prefer a great action or superhero movie (like my best friend Avia), you’ll still appreciate AND EVEN enjoy this one. It’s beautiful, and the cast is pretty great: Lily Collins and Sam Claflin aka Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games. Spoiler: they make a great duo.

The Longest Ride
This one is for the Nicholas Sparks fans. Aside from The Notebook, of course, this is probably my favorite of his movies. Scott Eastwood is quite pleasing to the eye if I do say so myself. But aside from that, it’s a beautiful, arguably predictable, love story (which I don’t find to be a bad thing since I’m a sucker for happy endings).

The Holiday
This one is a throwback to the early 2000s. It’s about two women who swap houses during the holiday season. One lives in England and the other lives in LA. The cast? Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Jude Law, and Eli Wallach aka the type of old man that just makes you smile because he’s so cute. Probably one of my favorite holiday movies out there.

Grab some comfy PJs, some fresh baked cookies, and embrace the beauty of chick-flicks, my friends.