Esra: Gluten Free in Boston

Fear not my GF friends, Boston has got some great options for you.

Dig Inn

Dig Inn may still be considered the new kid on the Copley Square block, but it’s been incredibly popular since it opened last summer. The menu revolves around what’s in season, and everything that contains gluten is labeled (among other common dietary restrictions). Some of my favorite GF options on the menu right now include the brussels sprouts with maple & sriracha, roasted sweet potatoes, and grilled apples (also the brown rice and chicken are always fantastic).

Wagamama

I’ve realized asian cuisines can be difficult because a lot of sauces sneakily contain gluten, but Wagamama has a great GF menu. I’m a big fan of both the chicken and prawn itame, and am looking forward to venturing into the ramen and lettuce wraps. I can’t imagine they’d disappoint!

Papa Razzi

Just because you can’t have traditional pizza doesn’t mean you won’t crave it. Papa Razzi on Newbury Street has not one, but multiple GF pizza AND pasta options. Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste like cardboard. To be honest, it tastes so similar to the real thing that I had wondered if they mixed up my order (they didn’t).

Thinking Cup

If you didn’t already love Thinking Cup enough, let it be known that there is quite a selection of gluten-less treats like tiramisu, snickerdoodles, and chocolate chip cookies. They also have GF bread on hand for gooey grilled cheese sandwiches.

Happy eating!