Frank: Midterms

Tired, sleep depraved, but victorious. I’ve done this before, and I did it again. I gazed into the abyss and won the staring contest. I am done with my midterms.

Wow, it feels so weird putting it in text. “Done with my midterms.” But am I really? I mean, yeah, I’m not taking another test anytime soon, but does that mean I’m completely done with them? I wonder what my grades will be. I studied my butt off; I hope I get good grades. Oh, now I’m anxious. I’m gonna be thinking about my grades all week. Oh gosh, now I know for sure: I am not done with my midterms.

I should really find something to take my mind off them. Oh, I know! Music always puts me in a nice, relaxing mood. Let me hop on YouTube real quick… Hmm, what’s this? “Relaxing Pokémon Music Compilation?” Just what I needed!  Wow, this music really brings me back… I remember playing these games all the time when I was a kid. Little ol’ Frank capturing monsters and trading them with his friends. Nothing could keep me away from that Gameboy; I just had to become the Pokémon Champion! Haha, I kinda miss those times! I remember having to hand over my Gameboy to my mom when an exam was coming up so I could study without distractions. Oh no, there I go again thinking about exams. I am so not done with my midterms.

Maybe I’m just too tired. This music has really put me in a sleeping mood. Some shut-eye will definitely calm my anxiety. Ahh, this bed sure is comfy. Time to count some sheep and go to the land of make believe. 1, 2, 3, 4, was question 5 true or false? I’m pretty sure it was false. Did I answer false? I’m pretty sure I did not. Maybe it’s actually true? Let me double-check in my notes real quick… Yep, definitely true. Wait, did I really answer false? I think I actually answered true on that one. Yeah, the one before it was the false one. Or maybe I’m just misremembering… Agh, I am 100% not done with my midterms.

Wait, what am I doing? I already took the midterms. I already handed them in. There’s nothing I can do about them now. You know, I gave it my all studying these past few days. I did my very best in those midterms. There’s no use worrying on what might be. Gosh, I’m losing my mind over an uncertainty. Heh, I wonder what little Frank would think of me if he saw me now? Life was so carefree back then, now all I seem to do is worry. It doesn’t have to be that way. I could afford some relaxation time. Some time for myself, some time for fun. I hear there’s a new Pokémon game coming out real soon. I wonder how the new Pokémon look. Maybe I could hit up some of my friends back home, maybe get the game together and trade Pokémon like old times… Yeah, just like old times… You know, I guess I am done with my midterms.

“When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.”

–Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

P.S:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BKfhq_TtcE