Colbi: Get out of the BU bubble and go see the city!

North_End_Boston_5

BU’s campus has pretty much all that you could need: the gym, Target, Chipotle, and most importantly Einstein Bros. Bagels. So, I find myself not leaving campus as often as I should and getting stuck in the “BU bubble.” But, Boston is an amazing city with so many incredible places to explore! One of my favorite places is Boston’s North End.

The North End is also known as Little Italy, and has a fantastic selection of Italian food, pastries, and desserts. My go-to restaurant is Scopa. It’s a small, intimate restaurant with a great atmosphere. The menu has all your favorite classics like gnocchi, pizza, calamari, and spaghetti and meatballs. Plus, their complimentary bread is delicious.

If you’re looking to have some dessert afterwards, head over to Caffé Paradiso. I had my first ever cannoli at this cafe, and it was life-changing to say the least. I also got nutella gelato and which was PHENOMENAL. I’m still not over it! The staff is so sweet here, and you will often catch them watching a soccer game or two on the televisions.

Now, if you want to walk off some of those calories, there is so much to see! You can walk over to the wharf to get a breathtaking view of the ocean. You can also see some historical sights such as Paul Revere’s house and The Freedom Trail. You are also a short walk from the Haymarket where you can buy fresh fruits and vegetables.

If you keep going, you can end up at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. There are great stores to shop at, and perfect places for an Instagram photoshoot. And, you can actually go to the spot of the Boston Massacre, another historical sight.

Boston is a great city with so much history and culture to explore! Don’t get caught up in your dorm every weekend, go out and do some sightseeing. I can guarantee that it will make your college experience so much better.