Although we may no longer be able to study in coffee shops like we used to, supporting businesses in Boston is still a fun treat for yourself and for the business that you are buying from. Cramping for finals, working on group projects, and commuting to an internship can all be jazzed up with a little coffee or tea.
While some may run on Dunkin, I think it’s fun to venture off-campus (now with your mask on!) and find some places that don’t hold the bright orange and pink logo. Here are some coffee shops I am missing from Southern California on this bright and sunny day:
- Multiple locations
- Great pastries and desserts!
- No wifi but that does not matter for a while
- A BU right of passage
- Vanilla Oat Milk Latte is AMAZING + the bagels (but they sell out pretty quick)
- Try the “Death Cream”
- Amazing full meals as well as baked goods
- To-die-for sweets and desserts
- I never got to order more than just plain coffee, but their drip coffee was amazing!
- Has a rewards program!
- The Pistachio Muffin is amazing + the sandwiches
- Not as expensive
- Many, many locations
Japonaise bakery & cafe
- Smaller shop in Brookline near South Campus
- Yummy breads + cute picturesque desserts
My lovely fellow COM Ambassador Geneve has a Instagram account dedicated to all things coffee + desserts in Boston, but also in other places around the world! Check out Bean Happens for some more coffee inspo!