Colbi: Top Five Movies I Watched During Quarantine

netflix at home

My family and I always try to jazz up the new “normal” of life during a pandemic. One of the ways we stay entertained is by watching a new movie or series every night. Here is a list of my favorites (in no particular order) to help keep you entertained!

Den of Thieves

I know I said this list isn’t ranked in any particular order, but this movie is undoubtedly the best I’ve seen all year. It’s the kind of movie that you want to re-watch immediately after finishing it. It is marketed, and seems, like your typical action-packed bank heist drama, but if you don’t watch closely you’ll miss the mastermind of it all (it’s okay, I missed it too).

Waco

This is technically not a movie because it’s a docu-series, but I am including it in the list because this will have you absolutely shocked. It follows the downfall of a religious cult in Waco, TX. Watching it will make you feel conflicted in many ways, and I think that’s what makes it so intriguing.

Instant Family

I LOVED this movie. It follows a couple who adopt three siblings and adjust to the complicated reality of their new life. It is a heartfelt film, but also extremely hilarious. It will make you laugh and cry and want to hug your family. It’s a must-watch, feel-good movie.

Double Jeopardy

Double Jeopardy stars Ashley Judd, and we stan Ashley Judd in this household. This movie has lots of twists and turns and it’s hard to guess how the storyline will finish. I won’t give too much away, but it’s all about a woman who gets accused of murdering her husband. Did she do it, or was it a set up? There’s much more to the story than you can expect.

Molly’s Game

This movie is phenomenal. I will be honest, it can be slow to the start but once you get into the action, you won’t want it to end. It follows the at times unbelievably wild, yet real life of Molly Bloom who runs poker games for the most exclusive socialites in the country.

Honorable Mentions

The Florida Project

If you love A24 films, this is one you need to watch next. It follows the life of a little girl named Moonee who lives an often heartbreaking life that is masked by her still young view of the world. It’s beautiful and one of the most raw movies I have ever seen.

The Silver Linings Playbook

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence; that’s really all you need to know. Romance, comedy, and real life stuff. Can’t help but love it.

The Lovebirds 

An action-packed comedy on Netflix! You will be laughing the entire time—highly recommend it.