If you’re anything like me, when you look at your calendar/planner/iCal for the next month – you panic a little inside. The end of the semester is ROUGH – especially around the holidays where balancing family and school work gets especially difficult – as well as making time to enjoy all of your favorite holiday movies you’ve seen at least 6 times each.
You probably have a ton of final projects, papers, and exams coming up – and it can seem a little overwhelming at first. But don’t worry – you’re not alone! Everyone is feeling the pressure.
So how should you handle it?
My #1 tip? Simplify.
- Do you have an internship downtown that you commute to? Ask if you can work from home. Technology is amazing that way.
- Do you have multiple group projects and meetings? See if you can set up a Google chat or group Skype session instead. Or try to schedule all your meetings in one location. Claim your area and don’t move!
- Lots of reading to do? Prioritize your readings and then don’t try to multitask. Use those favorite holiday movies as a reward.
- A lot due in one week? Try to work ahead. If you plan right, you certainly don’t have to work over Thanksgiving break. Just make sure you get things done ahead of time.
- Do you have weekly paperwork/responses/blog posts/whatever due? Set reminders! I have multiple alarms on my phone that remind me when to submit my AdLab status reports, enter my work hours, or email meeting reminders.
- And finally – take breaks! You are certainly entitled to those holiday joys like candy canes and ugly sweater parties.
Good luck to all, and to all a goodnight! (I might be watching a Christmas movie. No shame).