There will be a special meeting TONIGHT, Thursday February 7th, for students interested in the Summer 2013 program in Greece, about which details appear below. The information session with the “BU Philhellenes” will take place at 6 PM in CAS Room 214.
Next Wednesday, February 13th, an info sessions specifically for Core students will be held next at 3 PM in CAS room 119.
* * * *
BU/American College of Greece Summer Program 2013
- Cost: Estimated at ca. $5,500 for the whole program (including travel and accommodations but not food). Scholarships to reduce the cost by at least $2000 will be available to many students.
- Credit: The courses will carry approved transfer credit (from ACG to BU) for two courses. Courses: 1) Intro Modern Greek, 2) Greek Art in Athens
- Faculty: BU’s Kelly Polychroniou will teach Modern Greek. ACG has a distinguished senior faculty member who will teach the art history course.
- Living Situation: Students will live in the apartment-style residences at ACG. They are new and excellent.
- Application Process: Unofficial transcript, brief statement of why student wants to study in Greece (one page), copy of a paper submitted for a class.
- Deadline: Due March 1 to the Classics department or to Core. Application for the program is considered application for a scholarship.
- Eligibility: Any BU student is eligible.
- Dates: June 23-July 26, 2013
- Future: We plan to run the program yearly, alternating modern and ancient Greek. Steve Esposito will lead the program next year and teach ancient Greek.
- Websites: http://www.bu.edu/classics/undergraduate/study-abroad-in-greece/; http://www.acg.edu/
- Contact: Any student with questions can contact firstname.lastname@example.org