Postcards to the Core: From Israel, August 2015

israel

Our latest postcard comes from Core alumna Jenn Kalik (nee Greene),who graduated with her degree in archaeology, and a minor in Judaic Studies, in 2012. She writes:

“… medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love — these are what we stay alive for.”
– Dead Poets’ Society

To the Core Staff:

Thinking of EWE from Israel! [This pun is a reference to the sheep on the front of this holographic postcard. -Eds.]

As I do my research for my master’s dissertation, I realize how many life skills, reasoning skills, (and the ability to understand the big picture with compassion) I gained from my years with Core. Thank you — and I hope your next crop of Core students continue to learn not just what life is, but what makes it worth living.

I am now a permanent resident of Jerusalem! Keep in touch and send students (and staff) my way!

Much love and gratitude,

Jenn Greene

Congratulations on the master’s program, Jenn! And thanks so much for saying hello.

back

*

Core loves postcards; we like to think of them as very brief books, and you know we lovebooks. Whether you’re at home or abroad now, we’d love to hear from you. Send your postcards and correspondence to Core Curriculum, Boston University, Boston MA 02215.