Chloe Martinez publishes chapbook with Backbone Press

Chloe pic 2019We’re so excited to announce that Chloe Martinez (Poetry ’07) has published a chapbook!  The book, Corner Shrinewas the winner of the of the Backbone Press Chapbook Contest.

Chloe says, These poems have come out of many years of travel and study in India, and they engage with questions of identity and belonging. They were written over a long period, some going back to my time at BU and some much more recent (but all, always, bettered by my time with my BU teachers!). It has been strange to have this book come out during a pandemic, but it’s also been a gift, when I haven’t traveled in nearly a year, to revisit India and the experience of travel via these poems. I hope it can give readers a change of scene, too.

Read more about Corner Shrine (including a blurb from Robert Pinsky!) here.
Congratulations, Chloe!

Chloe Martinez is a poet and scholar of South Asian religions. Her chapbook, Corner Shrine (Backbone Press, 2020), was selected by Geffrey Davis as the winner of the 2019 Backbone Press Chapbook Competition, and her poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Ploughshares, Waxwing, Shenandoah, The Common and elsewhere. She teaches at Claremont McKenna College. See more at www.chloeAVmartinez.com.