Sargent Choice Night

By Kelsey Hopper

miniscblog

Thursday night was Sargent Choice Night in the dining halls, and who doesn’t love Sargent Choice night?  I mean, a guilt free dinner (well at least for the most part) and with plenty of new and exciting choices, Sargent Choice dinner is one of the best nights in the dining hall.  Some favorites this time around included Steak & Cheese Sandwich, Chicken Taco Salad, and Spinach & Artichoke Dip.  I tried the Chicken Taco Salad and the Spinach & Artichoke Dip, and they were both delicious.  The Spinach & Artichoke Dip was so popular that the carrots and veggies that accompanied the dip were all out by the time I got to dinner, but the pita chips that they served were crunchy and great scoopers for the dip.     minichixsalad

My favorite dish of the night was the Chicken Taco Salad.  The cilantro lime salad dressing is what really set it apart from other taco salads that I have had.  There was a great kick from the lime that added a pop of flavor to the chicken and salad.  Finally, as expected, Sargent Choice night included a few fantastic desserts.  The cheesecake with the berries was definitely a favorite among diners in Warren; the staff could barely keep up with the rush of students!  The berries served with the cheesecake were definitely what made the dish a hit, as the berries were another friendly reminder that spring is here!  Additionally, the apple crisp with granola topping was a winner.  Overall, I think that all enjoyed Sargent Choice night, and I know that I’ll be marking my calendar for the next one.