What we’re thankful for at ODE

As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, many in America take a moment to count their blessings — and we here at the Office of Distance Education are certainly among them. Not only are we excitedly grateful for the chance to join Metropolitan College in celebrating our 10th anniversary as leaders and innovators in the field of online learning, but our 28 staff members are as thankful personally as they are professionally.

Here’s a glimpse into what some of the folks at 1010 Comm Ave are thankful for this year:

I am thankful that there is an outside chance I might get some sleep over the holiday weekend! I am thankful for awesome cranberry sauce. I am thankful that I get to spend the holiday weekend with family. (Did I mention that I am thankful for just the possibility of sleep?)

I’m thankful for …  good health, my new job at Distance Education, and my mom’s stuffing!

I am thankful that my 93-year-old grandmother gets to enjoy Thanksgiving with her two sisters, one of which is her twin. I am thankful that my cousin is home from Afghanistan to enjoy Thanksgiving with my Uncle and Aunt. I am thankful that I get to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family and two little nieces. And, of course, I am also thankful that my two Fantasy Football teams both currently sit in first place!

I’m thankful for my colleagues in Distance Education who have helped me through my first few months at BU.

I am thankful that Jimmy Fallon is so thankful.

I am thankful for the opportunity to learn something every day. I learn to be more patient, more open-minded, learn to listen more, even learn to learn more efficiently. These lessons are ongoing; I am thankful to realize that.

I’m so grateful for my friends, both at BU Online and elsewhere. They are a constant source of joy and support.

I am thankful for all of my wonderful coworkers!

I am thankful for the people who inspire us to be the absolute best that we can be, whether they realize it or not, and whether at the beginning or the end of their life.

I am thankful that YouTube has the full video of “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” available. (Seriously, check it out above!)

I am thankful for coffee, family, and health … and of course laughter. Not necessarily in this order.

I’m thankful that my sister in law is a wonderful cook and I’m going to have a delicious and relaxing Thanksgiving with my family.

Among other things … I am thankful for a great team of co-workers and a university dedicated to excellence in online learning.

I am thankful for my family, especially my sister.

I am thankful for the internet, without which you wouldn’t be reading this!

I am thankful that sometimes the common good is recognized to be of greater value than singular advancement.

I am thankful to be working with an unbelievably dedicated team of people at the Office of Distance Education. I have worked in a lot of different places over the years, but until I came to BU, I had not worked in a place where everyone actually seems happy to come to work each day, happy and eager to give their all every day, and happy to see and work with one another as much as the people are here. What an amazing and unique thing to be able to say. Thank you to all of my fellow BU Online colleagues, faculty, facilitators, and students for making work so fulfilling and rewarding.