WELCOME BACK, TERRIERS!!!

Did ya miss us? I bet you did. I know I missed you guys. I hope you all had a fantastic break, full of fun, family, food (which means we all probably need to hit FitRec), and bragging to your friends from home about how awesome your university is. (Personally, my break involved a LOT of those last two.)

So here we are, at the first day of another semester. Spring semester, to be exact. For me, as well as for a few of our other FYI Bloggers (like Kedzie,) it is the first day of our last ever semester of college. Where did the time go!?

The insanely rapid passage of time from my freshman year to now was on my mind today as I helped our favorite Dean of Students rearrange some of the books on the bookcases of his newly revamped office. Then I found something that made me feel a little better about still having one semester left as a student here at BU:

Check out this hilariously dated Student Residence Manual!

Yes, Terriers, you read that correctly - 1989-1990 academic year.

This thing is older than I am! (Further proof that Dean Elmore never throws anything out…). This thing is pre-StuVis, pre-Agganis Arena, pre-Fit Rec, and pre-A Lot Of Other Stuff, I’m Sure.

Let’s take a walk down a Memory version of Comm Ave, shall we, Terriers?

Jugglers on Marsh

Jugglers on Marsh

In the late 80’s/early 90’s, non-hipsters wore short-shorts like the ones pictured here completely UN-ironically. Oh, how times have changed.

Speaking of changing times, look what we had back in the day…

The Terriers take the field...

The Terriers take the field...

Way back when, we didn’t just have the hockey team to cheer for – there was a football team, too! These days, we’ve been undefeated since…oh, say…1997.

Now we come to things that have changed for the worse, in my humble (satirical) opinion:

The BUS!

The BUS!

DEAR BOSTON UNIVERSITY, WHY DO WE NOT STILL HAVE AWESOME DOUBLE-DECKER BUSES ROVING UP AND DOWN COMM AVE?! It would certainly make it a lot easier to nab a seat at the Marsh Plaza stop…plus, how fun would it be to ride in one?

And finally, I’d like to close this post with a cool throwback photo of someone we all know and love…let’s see if y’all recognize him.

Look at that head of hair!

Look at that head of hair!

If you guessed our Dean of Students, you are 100% correct. Looks like he’s always been as awesome and involved with BU students as he is today. (I’m also sure he won’t fire me for finding this photo and putting it online…right, Dean Elmore? RIGHT?!)

Anyway, I thought you would all enjoy a little peek into the past as our futures all loom ahead of us. Hope everyone’s classes are going swimmingly (especially if anyone is taking a swimming class!) and that you’re all staying warm out there!

Let’s have a TERRIER-ific semester, guys! (Winter break has done nothing to dissuade my love of cheesy puns.)

xoxo,

Julia