Houston, Here we come!

Wow, we are in Houston!  I caught an early flight on standby so I hope to get some work in.  The past week was very busy, preparing all of the software and doing some last minute analysis and stress tests for the TEDP (Test Equipment Data Package).   I was able to do most of the stress tests last week in my basement using the Vernier WDSS as a force sensor.

WDSS used for stress analysis

WDSS used for stress analysis

Worked great!  I needed an extra hand so Leonardo helped me to do some of these stress tests.  Strong little guy!

Leonardo Does a Stress Test

Leonardo Does a Stress Test

However, for one of the tests I needed to apply 35 pounds of force.  I was at a loss since the WDSS peaks out at 12.5 pounds.  As I was reading Leonardo a bedtime story it suddenly occurred to me that I could make a quick trick brick stack.  If you don’t remember what that it, you might need to go back and read Fox in Sox by Dr. Seuss.

Fox In Sox

Fox In Sox

It turns out that your average red clay brick weighs 5 pounds (on Earth, not on a Reduced Gravity Flight) and I was able to make my own QuickTrickBrickStack.   Thanks for the idea Leonardo!

Quick Trick Brick Stack

Quick Trick Brick Stack

Airport security had a field day with my carry-on luggage.  Inventory includes the SONY HandyCam, The Cannon Camera, Chargers for laptop, phones, internet cables, Vernier LabPro, accelerometers, Wireless Dynamic System Sensors, GPS sensors, Bluetooth adaptors, USB keys, digital picture frames, not to mention all of the banners and BU stickers.

Stay tuned for updates from Houston!