Makerspace and bringing artwork and manufacturing back to the US

When working at Tufts I was able to start playing around with 3D Printers.  3D Printing allows us as individuals to create physical objects that we can imagine!

Boston University just opened a giant facility which we might call a “Makerspace.”  But that is an understatement.  EPIC is the new manufacturing training center for Boston University.  There are rows of 3D Printers, Laser Cutters, Milling Machines, and Lathes.

New EPIC Engineering Product Innovation Center at Boston University

On a personal level, my wife just moved her art studio up from the basement and into our dining room.  Maybe that is a hint I need to move the trains, robots, and tools out of the way.   She is following her passion and creating wonderful artwork that she is trying to sell on Etsy.  You can view her stuff online here:   Www.etsy.com/shop/Horizontecreativo

The wonderful thing about the digital age is that it is allowing up to be “Makers” and “Creators” as opposed to all of us having the same objects we buy at Pier One Imports but are all imported from a factory in the far East.   I seem to remember this was the theme of an episode of Friends or Seinfeld or some 90’s sitcom.

Here are some of the things that my wife has been busy making recently.

bottleopener DonQuixote starofdavid