NSTA

I spent the past several days at the National Science Teachers Convention at the Boston Convention Center.  Thursday started out with a talk by some lady from Texas Instruments.

Lady from Texas Instrument who spoke at NSTA

I couldn’t figure out why she was so popular, but the next guy I am a big fan of since I started teaching!  Bill Nye the Science Guy!

Bill Nye the Science Guy

Bill Nye the Science Guy

He looked a bit older than I remember him when I started teaching. He talked about Dancing with the Stars and his debate with Kevin Ham.  Most of his talk centered on how to avoid getting hit by an asteroid and the end of humanity as we know it.  An interesting quote he had:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 8

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

On Friday I received my big award!  Many Thanks to David and Christine Vernier for generously sponsoring the technology award.

David and Christine Vernier

Vernier

And many thanks to my best buddy Ira Flatow.  He did a great job of announcing the awards.

IraF2

IraF1

And Bill Bladder, the President of NSTA

I also met Valerie Frizzle from Walkerville Elementary School  at the awards ceremony.  She was pretty upset because the Boston Parking Authority had just impounded her school bus.

MsFrizzle

On Saturday I had a lot of fun in the exhibit hall.  This strange lizard kept telling me he could save me a lot of money if I just gave him 15 minutes of my time.  Alejandro and Leonardo liked him

Geico

Then we met a giant bunny wabbit.   We posed for a picture with him.  But I could’ve sworn I saw a putty tat.

RabbitDow chemical had a very cool robot.

RobotDowAnd then next to the LEGO and PITSCO booths we saw a Cyberman and K9.

CybermanK9