Dec 1 Coaches Blog FLL HELP NEEDED AND ANNUAL Review

Dear Friends,

Annual Review: I wanted to share with you the highlights of the previous season.  Our Annual Review contains some of our favorite photos from the past season, a summary of our awards and season highlights, a list of all of our generous corporate sponsors, and our expenses for the season.  Many thanks to Helena Pham for taking the lead on putting this together.

LEGO Tournament: This coming Saturday is our annual FIRST LEGO League Tournament.  This is a major all hands on deck event where we really need all students to help out.  Parent help is especially appreciated and still needed for running our concessions stand.   Please click on this link to volunteer to bring in some food for the event.  Please e-mail me if you can help out.

We will be setting up for the event from 2PM to 6PM on Friday.  If we have enough hands on deck, we will go home earlier on Friday.  On Saturday, we will start our morning setup routine at 7AM and I hope to have the floor swept by 5PM.  Please arrange for your children to stay until the end.  The more hands on deck, the sooner we can all go home.  We will have 24 Elementary and Middle School teams attending this event!

Parent Meetings:  As we move into the big robotics build season I want to try and have one parent meeting a month to help discuss how parents can help and be involved with the season.  I would like to have the first meeting in my classroom at 8AM on Tuesday, Dec 8th.  Topics to discuss: Planning our Jan 9th kickoff and support during the build season, and travel to our events in March/April.

Open Labtime: We should have the lab open on Monday and Tuesday of next week to work on our FRC off-season project and VEX robots. Then it is time for final exams.