Our last meeting of the semester will be held at BUMC! Many thanks to BUSPH for hosting the event!
Where: CT462/A (801 Massachusetts Ave)
When: 4:30pm-6:30pm (refreshments served at 4:15pm)
Clark Freifeld on the development of a global real-time disease outbreak monitoring system (HealthMap.org)
Dr. Deborah Anderson on the design of topical microbicides for controling STDs (BU School of Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Microbiology)
Dr. Muhammad Zaman on the Indigenous Innovation and Biomedical Engineering Education in Sub Saharan Africa (BU Biomedical Engineering)
Hope to see everyone there!
Our next meeting is in two weeks on a THURSDAY this time! Many thanks to the Global Health & Development Club and School of Management for co-hosting this episode.
Where: 203 ERB, 44 Cummington St, Boston University Biomedical Engineering Department
When: THURSDAY, March, 29 4:30p pm to 6:30pm (refreshments at 4:15p)
- Amy Canham, BU Biomedical Engineering, on solar-powered technology for respiratory health
- Elizabeth Johansen, Director of Product Development at Design that Matter, on successfully bringing products to market in the developing world with a focus on Project Firefly phototherapy for jaundiced infants
- Dr. Andrew Schiermeier, Chief Executive Officer of Medicine in Need (MEND), on developing and manufacturing affordable vaccines and therapies focusing on TB, malaria and HIV
More details soon!
Join us for an hour of short presentations by students and staff from engineering and public health, followed by a cocktail hour for networking and discussions!
For this event, we are excited to have:
- Rahul Vedula (Tufts Medical, BU BME) on the challenges of sepsis worldwide and new diagnostic ideas to diagnose it faster and cheaper.
- Dr. Jacqueline Linnes on a water disinfection monitor (Co-founder of PotaVida, MIT D-Lab)
- Dr. Sarah Fortune (Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health)
PLEASE RSVP by clicking the RSVP tab!
Refreshments served at 3:45pm