More dance shows!! The PGK Project @ Movement at the Mills (BCA)

…If you can’t tell from the titles, I was going to combine these posts, but I know when things get long, people stop reading. So:

I guess the BCA has this thing called Movement at the Mills? It’s basically, from what I can glean, a dance exhibition where three different companies perform in the same gallery and, instead of sitting down, people walk around and watch. I think it sounds really great, as my attention span for sitting down and watching performances “properly” seems to be getting rapidly worse instead of better, the more Art I encounter and the older I get? It’s terrible.

Anyway! This Friday, November 18, 2011, at 7:30 PM, The PGK Project will be one of these groups! From their website:

The PGK Project is an eighteen year critically acclaimed, award winning contemporary repertory dance company originally founded in Munich, Germany now based in San Diego, California. Our mission is to create and produce affordable, artistically accessibile performances that promote diversity and community in entertaining, innovative, qualitative ways that educate audiences through dance.

Our performances are known for creating appreciation and awareness for the arts where dance is a cultural expression available and intended for everyone. Whether at home or on tour our objective is to engage community support of the arts where the arts can in turn support and promote community.

And they’ve invited six dancers from the local dance community to join them to create and perform! Not that I know who any of these people are, except the one that teaches here, but local + national = awesome! And I was actually most intrigued by the fact that the email that told me about this included the word site-specific. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh you guys – I’m dragging my roommate to it Friday night! If anyone doesn’t have rehearsal, I totally encourage you to go as well! It is only one night, and it’s free and open to the public! (And it sounds like you can leave whenever you want!) Again:

MOVEMENT AT THE MILLS
Friday, November 18, 2011 – 7:30 PM
Mills Gallery, 551 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02116