Hello, my name is Nanako.

Seeing as this is my first official post, I figure it’s only polite to introduce myself.

By now, you already know that I’m a 2L at BU Law.  And that I grew up in Washington state and went to Cal (go bears!).  But, that’s just part of the story.

You should also know I took some time off after college and, thus, am an older-than-average student.  (I graduated high school in 2000; I’ll let you do the math.) If you’re thinking to yourself, “she’s not that old!” you’ll probably relate to some of my posts.  Conversely, if the name Zach Morris doesn’t ring a bell, then you should probably move on to one of the other blogs.

You should also note that I’m a dual degree student (ok, so maybe my bio does give that away). In addition to studying at BU, I’m pursuing a Master’s Degree at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts, with an emphasis on peacebuilding and international development.  My focus is on post-conflict contexts, where I hope to assist in rebuilding government and judicial structures and re-establishing rule of law, in order to help prevent conflict and promote long-term stability.  I waited 5 years after college to return to school, because I wanted to be sure that this was the right path for me.  And so far, I think I’ve made a great choice!

Lastly, you should know that I love to answer questions.  I was a freshman orientation counselor in college. I’ve worked hotlines for the ACLU and the National Organization for Women. I’ve even worked at Eastern Mountain Sports (people have LOTS of questions about outdoor gear).  So, if you have questions about BU, about law school, or anything else, please feel free ask.  No question is too small or large.  I am happy to help.

I’m sure that there are many other things you will learn about me if you continue to read my blog, but hopefully these snippets give you a sense of who I am and where I’m speaking from.  I am very much looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you throughout this grand adventure known as law school.

So, as they say….let the games begin!

Brian posted on November 15, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Your Zach Morris comment made me laugh out loud. It’s going to be a good year; let the good times roll.