New Year

2013 was quite a year, full of unforgettable moments. Like most of us, Boston had its ups and downs. There was the Boston Marathon, but then there was the World Series. The year ahead most likely has much more in store for us. That’s why it’s important to continue looking forward.

As the first day of 2014 at BU Law draws near, there are many things I am looking forward to. This semester I am set to begin an externship at Boston Children’s Hospital. I’ll also get to learn more about health care reform and the Constitution in addition to studying health care transactions and contract drafting. It’s going to be a busy year!

Strangely enough, I like being busy. As long as I’m working on something, I feel as though I’m still moving forward. In learning more about the field of health law every day, I am getting closer to accomplishing my goals. While the work is hard, it is also rewarding.

So, I choose to welcome 2014 with open arms. I say bring on the good and the bad, because without both we wouldn’t know one from the other. What are you looking forward to this year? Whatever it is, don’t let a bump in the road keep you from staying on the path you’re on now.