Before moving to Boston, I was unaware that the city had such a vibrant restaurant scene. For my first two years of law school, I didn’t venture out of Brighton too much. Now that I live in South End, I have all the wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Little did I know these restaurants were totally accessible from campus. The BU medical campus is located in the South End and BU operates a shuttle bus that runs from the law school to the South End, with a stop near a Whole Foods along the way. To help you take advantage of the free transportation, here’s a list of some of my favorite restaurants in the South End:
- Toro — Great tapas and a South End staple. The catch is that they don’t take reservations, and if you put your name in on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, it could be up to a 2 hour wait.
- The Gallows — Good food, better drinks. Hop on over while you are waiting for your table at Toro.
- The Beehive — Great vibe with affordable drinks and live music. Well-known for their jazz brunch, the Beehive is a great place to revive yourself after a long night on the town. It’s also a really cool vibe at night too.
- Union Bar and Grill — Again, really good food and drinks. They change their menu seasonally and their venison hit the spot for me.
- The Butcher Shop — One of Barbara Lynch’s restaurants, the charcuterie boards are the best in town.
Looking for a new place to study? Find a change of scenery at the BU’s medical campus library. Make sure to take a break nearby at Blunch or Flour to recharge with coffee, sweets, and awesome sandwiches.