A Foodie’s Paradise

Before moving to Boston, I was unaware that the city had such a vibrant restaurant scene.  For my first two years of law school, I didn’t venture out of Brighton too much.  Now that I live in South End, I have all the wonderful restaurants within walking distance.  Little did I know these restaurants were totally accessible from campus.  The BU medical campus is located in the South End and BU operates a shuttle bus that runs from the law school to the South End, with a stop near a Whole Foods along the way.  To help you take advantage of the free transportation, here’s a list of some of my favorite restaurants in the South End:

• Toro – Great tapas and a South End staple.  The catch is that they don’t take reservations, and if you put your name in on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, it could be up to a 2 hour wait.
  • The Gallows — Good food, better drinks.  Hop on over while you are waiting for your table at Toro.
  • The Beehive — Great vibe with affordable drinks and live music.  Well-known for their jazz brunch, the Beehive is a great place to revive yourself after a long night on the town.  It’s also a really cool vibe at night too.
  • Union Bar and Grill — Again, really good food and drinks.  They change their menu seasonally and their venison hit the spot for me.
  • The Butcher Shop — One of Barbara Lynch’s restaurants, the charcuterie boards are the best in town.

Looking for a new place to study?  Find a change of scenery at the BU’s medical campus library.  Make sure to take a break nearby at Blunch or Flour to recharge with coffee, sweets, and awesome sandwiches.