Home For The Holidays

Here I am back in Florida, enjoying the sunshine and the warm weather before heading back to Boston for my last semester of law school. It’s always great spending time with family in addition to getting some much needed rest and relaxation. I appreciate being able to make it home for the holidays. Even though school may be ending for me and the future may be uncertain, I will always remember where I came from.

They say home is where the heart is. Boston has become a home for me as I’ve grown to love things about it, but I still love many things about Florida as well. I was born there, my family is there, and the weather is very nice. I’ll always be from Florida, just as I will have always attended Boston University for law school. Each new chapter in our lives adds something to who we are.

I came to Boston somewhat unsure of myself. The first year of law school was challenging yet rewarding. I developed skills I never knew I had before and met people that have changed my life for the better. My second year allowed me to explore my interests further and to find a path to follow after my time as a law student is over. This third year is already preparing me for life after graduation. My next and final semester will be filled with completing the tasks necessary to finally become a practicing attorney, and I am more excited than ever before.

Though this chapter of my life may be coming to a close, the next one looks promising. The bar exam will be a new challenge; one that I am eager to overcome. My life as a lawyer is closer than it’s ever been, and for that I have BU Law to thank. I look forward to joining the community of alumni very soon.