It’s The Final Countdown

This semester will be my last one at BU Law. That realization is somewhat bittersweet, as I have enjoyed my time here at the school but I am also really looking forward to graduating. I am at the point now where I’m already mentally preparing for the bar and life after graduation. Even so, I’m also trying to make my final semester the best one yet.

That means continuing to do my best work, both in school and at Boston Children’s Hospital where I work in the Compliance Office. It also means making an effort to spend more time with classmates outside of school. While we spend a good deal of time developing our professional network throughout law school, sometimes we forget that the people we see every day can be the best network of all.

We won’t see each other every day after we graduate, so it’s important to get to know each other as well as we can while we’re here. The bonds we form in school can make working together outside of it much easier. It also allows us to have personal relationships with individuals that we may need to reach out to later. We may have some expertise in a certain field, but it is always nice to be able to call someone who has experience in another and ask them for guidance.

When you have a close network of friends, there is no issue you can’t solve. Help others when you can and they may just help you in the future. Paying it forward really can pay off.