The Best Of The Best

Tonight the 87th Academy Awards will take place in Hollywood. At this time last year Matthew McConaughey¬†won an Oscar and I blogged about the best parts of my 2L year at BU Law. ¬†I don’t really have any Oscar predictions for this year, but I would like to reflect on the best parts on my 3L year so far. The envelope please…

Oscars-180x300Best Course: Administrative Rulemaking in Health Law

I am a big fan of courses that allow you to gain practical experience while in law school. It’s that kind of experience that will prepare you for the legal field after graduation. Admin Law is a great course for learning about the structure and rules of government agencies, but actually interacting with an agency is something else entirely. Professor Outterson’s course allows you to take a hands-on approach to how regulations are implemented by commenting on proposed rules from health-related agencies. I am glad that I was able to take this course the first time it was offered at BU Law. I hope that it is offered again, as it is a shining example of what makes BU Law’s Health Law program so special.

Best Professor: Mark Pettit

Some of you may have taken or are taking Contracts with Professor Pettit. I did not have the pleasure of taking that class with him, but I am happy to say that I am in his Evidence class this semester. Professor Pettit brings an energy and enthusiasm to the classroom that truly keeps his students engaged in whatever subject matter he is teaching. He switches things up by showing law-related videos in class, then asking legal questions about them (along with whether you know the movie or the actors). Best of all, he sings student-written songs in class about whichever topic he may be covering that day. His voice is just as great as his teaching style!

Take a moment to recognize the course or professor that has made an impact on you this year. Who would you give an award to?