1L Summer Wind Down

As the summer begins to come to a close, I’m reflecting on what my first summer as a law student has brought and what I’m looking forward to for 2L. I can’t believe how quickly the hazy days have gone by, and I only wish 1L year went as quickly!

Internship

My internship was engaging and kept me on my toes. I learned a lot of transferrable skills, especially research and writing skills. I also got to be working with ever-changing regulations in an emerging industry, and it was exciting to be on the cutting edge.

RA

As an RA for two different professors this summer I got to immerse myself in two very different projects. I enjoyed both projects and their different take on the way things like statutes can impact actions, both in government and in the real world.

OCI

Ah, OCI. The mythical process that you never fully understand until you’re in the throes of it, and even then you still don’t understand it. All in all, OCI was less scary than I had imagined it would be. There’s plenty of time to get all of your materials in well before the bidding deadline, and the interviews really aren’t as intimidating as one can imagine them to be. It’s still a stressful process, don’t get me wrong. But it’s okay. And it’s not everything– not getting an OCI job doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. 

2L

I’m really looking forward to 2L year and the classes I have lined up, along with the International Law Journal. My schedule is a lot different this year than last, and my classes are more spread out for the most part. I’m really excited to jump back into coursework and learn more about the topics I’ve chosen.