A Day in the Life of a 2L

I did a similar post last year about what a typical day was like for me as a 1L. Looking back on it, it’s pretty startling just how much time in my days (and weeks!) were dedicated solely to school work. I will be the first to admit that the word “balance” was not in my vocabulary last year. Luckily, that has changed dramatically now that I am 2L. While things are still busy and classes are still demanding, the nature of 2L is completely different from 1L, and for that – I am eternally grateful. Take a peek below for what a typical day is like for me as a 2L here at BU. This is a sample of my “long day” of the week.

5:30am – Wake up (this is my Monday/Wednesday wake up time, as I have IP at 8:30am, but on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays I sleep until around 7:00am and it is glorious).

5:30 – 6:30am – Make breakfast and lunch to pack for school; eat breakfast

6:30 – 7:45am – Shower and get ready for the day

7:45 – 8:15am – Commute to school

8:30 – 10:30am – IP Class

10:30am – 12:30pm – Print readings for Thursday’s Corporations and Entertainment Classes; complete Entertainment homework

12:30 – 2:00pm – Lunch with friends

2:00 – 4:00pm – Work on Corporations homework

4:20 – 6:20pm – Contract Drafting Class

6:20 – 7:00pm – Commute home

7:00 – 8:00pm – Dinner (I meal prep during the week so that on the nights where I get home late, I don’t have to spend time cooking).

8:00 – 10:30pm – Other homework (Finish up Corporations readings; Source and Tech Checks for Journal; Note Topic work for Journal; etc.)

10:30/11:00pm – Sleep

This year is so much different than last in that I: (a) have time for a regular workout routine (just not on my two early days), (b) have time to be social and explore the city more, and (c) find that the structure of my classes is much less stressful than last year. I’m still being challenged, but the energy of this year is so much better than last. Needless to say, I’m very happy to be a 2L!