HUZZAH!

I’m thrilled to announce that BU approved my Semester-in-Practice application! This means that I will spend my final semester of law school externing in Washington D.C. as a Law Clerk with the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. I couldn’t be more excited! (You can read more information about the program and application procedure on my previous blog post, here.)

Moving to D.C. brings several realizations:

First, to my utmost delight, this will be my last round of exams in law school! This one is a real doozy, too, with two in-class exams, two take-homes, and a paper due just around the corner.

Second, I only have three more weeks to savor Boston, and much of that will take place indoors in preparation for my aforementioned exams. I’m hoping to cram in 2-3 days of adventures once exams are over, as I still have a few items left on the old bucket list: the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum, and dinner at Top of the Hub, a classy joint nestled atop the Prudential Center.

Finally, I’m still processing the imminent good-byes. Nearly all of the friends I’ve made in law school intend to practice on the east coast, and those heading west are California-bound. The next time I will see them is for Commencement Weekend in May.

Even the best adventures are bittersweet.

Now, onto my last week of classes!