I’m New Here

Hello, new friends!

Since I’m new to the blog, I thought I would briefly introduce myself:

• I am from Satellite Beach, FL, near where the shuttle and rockets launch from Cape Canaveral.
  • I lived two very happy years in Atlanta and seven in DC.
  • I worked in refugee resettlement before law school, both in case work and administrative settings.
  • I have a cat named Rhino. Once you earn his affection, he head butts you with love.

Now, let’s get to law school. After years in a job that constantly shuffled me between emails, meetings, phone calls, and presentations, I was nervous that I would not be able to stay focused in law school classes. I was worried I would not be able to read for hours on end. But guess what? I can! Because law school is fun!

Has anyone ever told you 1L is fun, or were you taught to dread it? Admittedly, I write to you mid-November. Yes, I will probably be miserable during December exams. But for now, trust me. You can enjoy being in school. I have a great section (subdivision of first-year students) who are bright, playful, and all-around pleasant to be around. I have four very unique and wonderful professors. I have a study group who is patient with me misunderstanding pretty much everything about summary judgment.

I will report back after exams, but for now, if studying for the LSAT has you down, know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just put on your cheese hat and keep up the good work.

20180619_002740572_iOS