Hot Water + Lemon

One of the best things I’ve started doing in 2019 is by starting my mornings off with hot water with lemon. There are so many health benefits to it and I swear I’ve seen an immediate difference in my energy. Additionally, it starts the day off in a health conscious light- motivating me to make healthier decisions throughout the day.

Below are a few reasons why you should start your day off with some hot lemon water:

1. It’s great for your immune system
  2. Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
  3. Lemon juice helps fight infections
  4. Acts as a detoxifying agent.
  5. Lemon juice with warm water helps in quick weight loss as it promotes digestion and increases the metabolic rate.
  6. Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
  7. Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.
  8. Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
  9. Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.
  10. It whitens your teeth !

BU also makes it so easy to do this, because they offer free hot water in the law school cafe! I bring a cut lemon in a thermos and just fill it up in the morning and in between classes. Additionally they also have honey out which can make it taste even better!

I feel like I’ve peer pressured just about everyone in my friend group & family to start their mornings off this way, but I truly believed its made Spring semester so much better already. I used to drink so much coffee, but for some reason this combination gives me enough energy to go throughout the day without the caffeine -or the crash. (and you can always throw in a tea-bag if you need need a boost)

I found many of the health benefits from: https://www.edisoninst.com/15-benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water-in-morning-empty-stomach/-you should check out this website and see what other foods can help contribute to a healthy lifestyle !