Our Office of Career Development & Public Service, now headed by Assistant Dean Fiona Trevelyan Hornblower, as well as our faculty and administrative staff strive continually to offer more resources and create more opportunities that will prepare our students for their future careers. For our students to be successful in today’s competitive legal market, they also need the assistance of the BU Law alumni network. There are more than 23,000 of you practicing in all 50 states and a number of international locations!
There are many ways that you can help:
- Encourage your employer to participate in BU Law’s on-campus interviewing program, or one of the School’s off-campus programs;
- Participate in the In-House Counsel Fellowship program in which BU Law graduates work for a year in the legal department of your company;
- Consider a BU Law graduate for a temporary or part-time project that might be an important bridge to his or her first job;
- Inform the BU Law Career Development and Public Service Office (CDO) of positions for which recent BU Law graduates might be considered;
- Forward the CDO any job opportunities you discover through professional networks, bar associations, or other organizations;
- Join the BU Law Alumni Mentor Directory LinkedIn group and become an informational resource for students.
I am asking you to be the mentors and opportunity providers that our students need. As BU Law graduates who have experienced first-hand how an exceptional legal education can prepare you for the world after law school, you know exactly what our students need to succeed.
A very heartfelt thank you to all who are currently helping BU Law students achieve their career goals, and to all who reach out to help us make a difference in the career aspirations of our future graduates.