Meeting the Class of 2019

At this time of year, I have the opportunity to meet many of our admitted students at receptions hosted by law firms around the country and at Preview Days here at BU Law. Next week, I will welcome admitted students at a reception at Ropes & Gray here in Boston. I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting with students at receptions hosted by Gibson Dunn in New York City and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in Washington, DC.

I am grateful to each of these firms for hosting our events and hiring our students! In fact, the National Law Journal ranks BU Law #16 on its list of “Go-To” Law Schools for the number of 2015 graduates working in the largest law firms.

When the future members of our law school community join us later this week for BU Law Admitted Student Preview Day, they will get to experience everything that BU Law has to offer. Before they arrive, most of them will already know that US News & World Report has just ranked us #20 among the nation’s law schools, and again rated our health law, intellectual property, and tax law program among the Top 10 in the country.

While these external rankings vary annually, our commitment to making BU Law the best place to be a law student remains constant. It’s why we continue to develop new programs, hire top faculty, and attract the best students.

I look forward to meeting the Class of 2019!