Diversity News Roundup October 2012

One of my favorite parts about being the Associate Director for Multicultural Affairs is keeping myself informed about issues of diversity and social justice in the news, both locally and nationally. I frequently send out event announcements that relate to you as law students. I recently attended a dinner with some fellow students sponsored by the Boston Lawyers Group at the Nutter, McClennen &Fish offices, for Affinity Group Leaders. This was a great opportunity to network with area lawyers, law students and organizers. It is these types of events that could lead to amazing future contacts and volunteer opportunities.

I know many of you are interested in issues of diversity that exist outside of the legal realm as well. Since I know the life of a law student is an extremely busy one, I have prepared a roundup of local and national news, events and information on issues of diversity and social justice.

Events:

News:

Diversity Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities:

I encourage everyone to try and attend at least one event off campus per semester. However, since I know many of you are busy, I will also try my best to bring these discussions to campus. On November 12, the first BU Law Legacy Series (formally CRS Forum), will be held. The first panel will discuss Title IX since this year marks the 40th anniversary of this landmark legislation. Please look out for more information soon. I hope to see you all there.

-Brenda

Not Provided posted on November 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We should also have a white students’ group at BU Law, since all the other racial groups have their own school-funded social groups. Of course, it will be open to all students, but will focus on issues of importance to whites (such as discrimination against whites in recruitment and scholarships).

Rosanna Cloninger posted on December 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Real informative and great complex body part of content material, now that’s user pleasant (:.

blhernan posted on January 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Thank you Rosanna! Check back this Spring for more Diversity News Roundups.