Crunch Time

My departure is now only 12 days away…that’s less time than I will have to collect my data in each country.  I am still waiting on the approval from each country, and I’ve hardly coordinated any logistics.  Nonetheless, I’m getting on a plane on May 28th and am determined to get the data I need while I’m there.  In the meantime, I’m praying that the next two weeks are fruitful ones.

Nathalie posted on May 27, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Why do I hear the Mission Impossible theme music playing? Like the Mission Impossible team, though, I know you will, against all odds, get the job done and do it with style…

Bert posted on May 27, 2010 at 6:46 pm

What you are doing is really important — both for this generation and all those following. Press on — especially if the obstacles seem to be dripping with benefits for the educated and wealthy.
I have a strong feeling that your dissertation will be a thought provoking springboard for lots of great things. Bounce .. You Go! Thank you for the fool hearty courage to follow your curiousity and dreams.

Bert

sonali posted on May 28, 2010 at 10:53 am

Yes, ditto on your friend Bert’s comments above. You go! Out of all the people whom I know you are definitely someone who can meet challenges face to face and move beyond them with full force and grace. Take it day by day, stay focused and you will do everything you have set out to do on this trip. You have worked so hard to this point, I see your PhD and a thoughtfully written dissertation in near sight:)

Nici posted on May 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Such a strange feeling knowing exactly where you are heading and that you are in flight right now. I am excited for you and cannot wait to read your next post. We are praying for you here at Newton Pres. !

Marian Wolf posted on May 29, 2010 at 8:27 pm

So glad we will be able to keep up with your adventures from this site. First set of prayers answered with your safe arrival in J-burg. Love, Mom