Walking With You Is My Prayer

This September, I began a brand new adventure in my life by coming to Boston University. As I settled in and started to find my place here, I kept coming back to a simple hymn that we sing in my Unitarian Universalist community. “Walking, Walking with you, Walking with you is my prayer”.

On my first day here, I walked down Commonwealth Avenue with the rest of the freshmen as we made our way to the Class of 2017 Matriculation Ceremony. As I walked, mindful of the sprinkling rain, talking excitedly and introducing myself to as many new faces as possible, I began to see how walking together could be my prayer. There is something intrinsically spiritual about walking along side people who share your worries, your excitement and your uncertainty about the future. None of us had a clue that first day what we’d gotten ourselves into; coming to a new school and a new city, but walking together, our common path was a prayer of hope and gratitude for whatever lies ahead on our journey.

As the days started to fly by, walking with members of my new community has become my spiritual practice. As we laugh and share stories about our high school adventures, our pets and families, and all the new college experiences, I feel myself becoming happier and more comfortable here. Walking to the dining hall or on an adventure around Boston, our conversations become a common prayer. I think that’s the point of the walking prayer, as we walk together we listen deeply and learn more about the other people. “Walking with you” allows me to experience the divinity inherent in building spiritual bonds with another person. As this semester continues I hope that I take time to savor a walk with you, because walking with you is my prayer.

Emiko Mengel posted on October 11, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I’ve study many of the content on the internet site currently, and I love your style associated with blogging. My spouse and i additional that to my favorites web log record and you will be checking out back before long. Just sign up for my website as well as well as inform me how you feel.

joker123 agent posted on May 3, 2020 at 5:56 am

Be careful, this is really a $100 bill, not only one dollar. If the chips are already given to you, put your desired bet size on the circle for the table. Downtown acknowledged as, Glitter Gulch, is experiencing a boom.