Destination Appreciation

I have no patience.  In fact I have a count down till the end of the semester and for Graduation on my phone.  I don’t like to wait.  I want to be done with school, move on, go to grad school, be done with school, get an appointment and start working.

I am very much apart of the now generation.

But I wonder what I miss in my desire to be done.  So often I find myself rushing from class to class or to other obligations that I forget to appreciate the beauty of this place.

This is my last year in Boston.  I should be savoring it.  I have tried over the last week in particular to take each moment as it comes.  Sometimes that means crying in the rain as I get completely drenched in my walk to class.  Sometimes that means laughing about it later because that is just what New England does.  It is not the first time the rains here have soaked me through, and I am certain it will not be the last.

Those moments I am striving to savor a little better. I am trying to learn to appreciate each moment for what it is as it comes.

We are called to be on a journey with Christ.  If we focus so much on the destination (whatever your perception of what happens after death is) than we forget to appreciate all of the beauty God has given us.  We need to learn to walk looking around us and taking everything in.  There is no destination in service.  It is all about the journey in Christ and with Christ.  Slowly striving for Christ like perfection.  There is no final destination for we have no idea when our lives here on Earth will be over.  Let us just enjoy the journey for as long as it lasts.

In my last year here I have goals, but most importantly I want it to be a year I remember for the random moments, the rainy moments, the spontaneous moments, and even the stressful tear filled moments.  Those moments are all equally apart of this journey, and each one of them should be appreciated.  Amen.