Hope.

In light of all of the things that have been happening, it can be difficult to find the light.

People all over the world have died, terrible deaths.  Earthquakes, terrorist attacks, shootings, bombings, all make it hard to cope with the day to day.  On top of that fear makes everyone a little bit crazy.

Finals are approaching and students everywhere are feeling the weight of racial divides, exams, world terror, studying, paying bills, and the stress of the approaching holidays.

I am definitely feeling the pressure.

But then something really amazing happens.

This morning, my sister brought a tiny human, 6lbs 15 oz, into this Chaotic world.  Kaya Gadell.  My niece has finally arrived, healthy, and happy.  Mommy is tired and doing well.  I can not wait to meet her.

In the chaos of all that is happening, a miracle has happened in my life.  A tiny, precious, little miracle.

It reminds me of the value and the beauty of all human life.  People opening their homes for people in Paris.  Some states here in America are opening their borders to the refugees who so desperately need somewhere safe to go.  Not everything is doom and gloom.  Sometimes in the worst of times the best of humanity shines through.  And that, that gives me hope.  Amen.