Almost there

With exactly a week and two days until my plane leaves and takes me home to BWI, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  In anticipation of the holidays and adventuring with family I find the stamina to make it through the last week of this semester.  Maybe 24 credits was ambitious, and maybe it got really hard for a while.  However, with the semester drawing to a close I am proud of my performance academically this semester, and I am proud of the skills I have acquired in this adventure.  I have learned that I can actually do what I set my mind to.  I learned my limits.  I learned to say “no” even if I want to do something.  Perhaps most importantly I have learned the critical importance of self care.  No other semester has challenged me quite like this before.  I learned that there are times when it is necessary to take a break, go for a run, breathe a little bit, and maybe take a nap. It is okay that there is a laundry list of things to do, because that list will still be there four miles, or two hours later.  I learned to depend on God in a new way.  I found praying about motivation, and focus allowed me to actually find those things.  Prayer has given me patience with myself, perspective on what my priorities need to be, and given me calm even in the face of Chaos.  I may not be quite done yet, but I have made it this far, and I know now with confidence that I will make it to the end.  Amen.